.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My DIY Linux PVR
Sunday, August 14, 2005
  The PSU
I don't really know much about power supply units (PSUs), so I followed the advice of as many reviews as I could. For anyone looking to learn a ton about PSUs and how they work, check out Silent PC Review's Power Supply Fundamentals and Reccommendations. I first looked to the excellent collection of reviews at HTPC News. I don't need anything super powerful support over-clocking. I wanted a PSU with a fan to ensure that when things got heated, the unit would be able to sacrifice a little noise to save my components. This left me with a few options in the $150 range, and a couple in the $50 range. Rather than going with the $50 range item in Silent PC Review's recommendations, I went with a tried and trusted brand Zalman and their ZM300A-APF 300W PSU.

Zalman ZM300A-APF 300W P4 Noiseless Power Supply
$49.00 - Best Byte Computers: Reviews  Add to list
With the goal of enhancing the computing environment, all
Zalman Tech products are noise-free. This product is a noise-free 300W ATX (version 2.03) / ATX12V ...

34069958 622C4De1Dd O

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home
A project log (Plog) documenting the planning and assembly of a Linux PVR.

HARDWARE
PROJECT LINKS
Gentoo
HTPC News
BYO PVR
O'Reilly's MythTV PVR Project
PVR Hardware Database
PVR Plog Listing
PVR Review Listing
Linux Hardware Compatibility List

RECENT
The Case
The Master Plan
The Free PVR Plog

ARCHIVES
August 2005 / September 2005 / November 2005 /


Powered by Blogger